People become Interim Directors / Managers for a variety of reasons; flexibility and independence, freedom from corporate politics, the ability to very quickly make a big difference to their employer and excluding benefits received by a permanent employee their remuneration rate tends to be considerably more.
Growing numbers of people are discovering the attractions of an Interim Director / Manager career choice, as it can give them:-
- Opportunity, perhaps for the first time, to take control of their working life.
- More flexible lifestyle that they may take advantage of to pursue other ambitions, or simply to provide more time for other interests.
- You may expect to fulfill three or four assignments with different organisations over a period of a year and this can prove more interesting and challenging, and ultimately provide you with a valuable portfolio of business experience.
- You should expect to receive better remuneration and managed correctly; assignments should provide you with increased earnings over the course of a year or alternately free time for which you have already been paid.
- You should also take pleasure in greater job satisfaction by avoiding the corporate politics, stress and distractions that is incumbent on a permanent management position, and so being able to focus on the job solely to achieve effective results.
- For both women and men, the interim route is the ideal, flexible solution for managing non work related demands while retaining good earnings and even improving their position on the career ladder.
- If you are in between positions taking on an interim role can provide you with an income during your job search.
- Many companies seek an interim Director / Manager while they are recruiting for a permanent employee this can give the interim an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and suitability for the permanent role.
To register as an Interim Director / Manager please contact us for a confidential discussion. If you are new to working as an Interim Director / Manager, we can provide you with advice on how to proceed. To register with us, please forward your CV or contact us on 0844 2577 888.
If you have any questions regarding this article or require further information, please call us on 0844 2577 888.